The Iowa Brace
The Iowa Brace’s unique design includes comfortable shoes attached to plastic platforms which are attached to the ends of a removable, durable plastic positioning bar. The identical foot shaped platforms enables the user to:
- Use with either the right or left foot
- Hold at an adjustable angel of either 60 degrees (clubfoot) or 30 degrees (normal)
- Accommodate different shoes sizes as the child grows
- Easily detached from the plastic positioning bar with a release button located on the bottom
Both the shoe platforms and positioning bar are injected molded from fiber reinforced nylon. As a result the Iowa Brace is lightweight, safe, virtually indestructible, reusable and low-cost.
The Iowa Brace shoe incorporates a soft molded insert that holds the foot, padded tongue and fabric straps which eliminates foot irritations and ensures maximum comfort. The open-toe shoe design accommodates growth between changes in shoes. Other design features include:
- State of the art breathable materials that prevent heat buildup, discomfort and skin irritations
- Easy brace removal by parents
- Enhanced buckle to help prevent the child from taking the brace off during the night
- Placement and operation of shoe release button not easily activated by child
- Soil resistant and easy cleaning
The Iowa Brace is innovative, comfortable and affordable!