Race Day is Saturday, June 3, 2017
9:30 a.m. for 7-14 year olds
7-14 year olds will race at Coralville Aquatic Center – 1513 7th St., Coralville, IA 52241
11:00 a.m. for 4-6 year olds
4-6 year olds will race at The Marriott Hotel Coralville – 300 E. 9th St., Coralville, IA 52241
How far do they go?
- Ages 4-6: 50 yard swim, 3/4 mile bike, 1/4 mile run
- Ages 7-10: 100 yard swim, 1.5 mile bike, 1/2 mile run
- Ages 11+: 200 yard swim, 3 mile bike, 1 mile run
*Ages will be determined by the participant’s age on the day of the race.
*Special needs participants can coordinate in advance to assure children are in the most appropriate age group.
Where will they swim, bike and run?
Kid’s Swim: The kid’s swim is based on the distances above. The swim will be in the Marriott pool for ages 4-6 or the Coralville Community Aquatic Center for ages 7-14. Kids are allowed to use floatation devices as needed. Coralville Aquatic Center lifeguards and swim instructors will be present in the water to ensure safety. Coralville Aquatic Center lifeguards will remain around the perimeter of the pool throughout the swim.
All racers will be given age-group color coordinated swim caps to be worn in the swim area. This makes our racers very visible so they are swimming with the correct age group, as well as provides a safety feature in the pool.
Ages 7-14, 100 and 200 yd. distances will swim from the shallow end to the deep end, ending in the shallow again at the Coralville Aquatic Center. Ages 4-6 swimmers will swim 50 yds, one length of the Marriott pool from deep to shallow end.
Kid’s Bike: The kid’s bike course is on closed city roads and Coralville bike path. Safety is the number one concern. All bikers MUST wear bicycle helmets. Training wheels are acceptable. Please refrain from using scooters. Trail’s End Bike Triathlon will be on hand for any bike related needs before or during the triathlon.
Kid’s Run: The kid’s run course is on closed streets at the Iowa River Landing. Distances are above. There will be one aid station along the run course. The aid station will have water only.
How much does it cost?
Download the Waiver form, print and complete it then bring it with you to the race.
*Individual registration: $25.00
*Family registration (2+ members): $45.00
Online registration is CLOSED after 5/29/2017. Registration will be available day of the race in person at registration table.
June 2 and June 3, 2017: In-person Registration
* Individual registration: $35.00
* Family registration (2+ members): $55.00
- Day of race packet pick-up 9:30 AM for 4-6 yr olds at Marriott Hotel Coralville – 300 E. 9th St. Coralville.
- Day of race packet pick-up 8:30 AM for 7-14 yr olds at the Coralville Aquatic Center.
Early packet pick up will be available.
- When: Friday, June 2, 2017 5:00-7:00 pm
- Where: Marriott Hotel Coralville located at 300 E. 9th St. Coralville.
Packet pick up is also available race morning at the race site from 8:30 AM for 7-14 yr olds. 9:30 am for 4-6 yr olds.
- On Race Day, kids will need their race bib, swim cap, cinch bag, towel, bike helmet, bicycle/tricycle, and running shoes.
- Additional items kids may want at their transition area include: sweatshirt/sweatpants for after the race, socks, water bottle, energy supplement, sunglasses.
Awards Ceremony after completion of the race:
- When: 11:30 am
- Where: Finish Line at the Marriott Hotel Coralville back parking lot
Each child will receive a participation medal for the race and presented by former Major League Baseball All Star Freddy Sanchez. Freddy is a former clubfoot child whom had a ten-year career in the MLB winning two World Series rings with the San Francisco Giants.
Special thanks to Mr. Goodtime DJs for donating their DJ services for our event! Check them out on Facebook!